By William Stillwell
An creation to organic Membranes: From Bilayers to Rafts covers many points of membrane structure/function that bridges membrane biophysics and phone biology. providing cohesive, foundational details, this booklet is effective for complicated undergraduate scholars, graduate scholars and membranologists who search a wide evaluate of membrane science.
- Brings jointly varied elements of membrane learn in a universally comprehensible manner
- Emphasis at the historic improvement of the field
- Topics include membrane sugars, membrane versions, membrane isolation tools, and membrane shipping.
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Biological Membranes: From Bilayers to Rafts PDF
Best biophysics books
This ebook offers proof that an infection is cyclical with the seasons, and that this phenomenon is reflected in cycles of immune functionality. The booklet identifies the mechanisms wherein immune platforms are strengthened to counteract seasonally-recurrent stressors, akin to high temperature discount rates and nutrition shortages.
Interactions among the fields of physics and biology achieve again over a century, and a few of the main major advancements in biology--from the invention of DNA's constitution to imaging of the human brain--have concerned collaboration throughout this disciplinary boundary. For a brand new iteration of physicists, the phenomena of lifestyles pose interesting demanding situations to physics itself, and biophysics has emerged as a major subfield of this self-discipline.
This can be the 3rd variation of this complicated textbook, written with significant goals in brain. One is to supply a complicated textbook protecting the key components within the fields of lipid, lipoprotein, and membrane biochemistry, and molecular biology. the second one aim is to supply a transparent precis of those examine components for scientists almost immediately operating in those fields.
This booklet offers the fundamentals and functions of photonic fabrics. It makes a speciality of the software of those units for sensing, biosensing, and monitors. The e-book comprises basic features with a specific specialise in the applying of photonic fabrics. the sphere of photonic fabrics is either a burgeoning, and mature box.
- Biomimetics: Bioinspired Hierarchical-Structured Surfaces for Green Science and Technology (Biological and Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering)
- Fluorescent Proteins II: Application of Fluorescent Protein Technology: 12 (Springer Series on Fluorescence)
- Water in Biological and Chemical Processes (Cambridge Molecular Science)
Additional info for An Introduction to Biological Membranes: From Bilayers to Rafts
An Introduction to Biological Membranes: From Bilayers to Rafts by William Stillwell
- Download e-book for kindle: Clean Electricity Through Advanced Coal Technologies: by Nicholas P Cheremisinoff
- Download PDF by Maria Helena De Moura Neves: Guia De Uso Do Português – 2ª Edição (Portuguese Edition)