By A. J. McConnell
Partial contents: algebraic preliminaries (notation, definitions, determinants, tensor analysis); algebraic geometry (rectilinear coordinates, the airplane, the directly line, the quadric cone and the conic, structures of cones and conics, primary quadrics, the final quadric, affine transformations); differential geometry (curvilinear coordinates, covariant differentiation, curves in an area, intrinsic geometry of a floor, primary formulae of a floor, curves on a surface); utilized arithmetic (dynamics of a debris, dynamics of inflexible our bodies, electrical energy and magnetism, mechanics of constant media, particular conception of relativity).
Read or Download Applications of Tensor Analysis (Dover Books on Mathematics) PDF
Similar calculus books
Statistical facts are usually not consistently exact numbers, or vectors, or different types. actual info are often what's known as fuzzy. Examples the place this fuzziness is apparent are caliber of existence facts, environmental, organic, clinical, sociological and economics information. additionally the result of measurements should be most sensible defined by utilizing fuzzy numbers and fuzzy vectors respectively.
Power is among the world`s so much demanding difficulties, and tool platforms are a tremendous point of power comparable concerns. This guide includes cutting-edge contributions on strength platforms modeling and optimization. The publication is separated into volumes with six sections, which hide crucial parts of strength structures.
Assuming no additional necessities than a primary undergraduate direction in actual research, this concise creation covers normal straight forward conception relating to orthogonal polynomials. It comprises important historical past fabric of the sort now not frequently present in the traditional arithmetic curriculum. compatible for complex undergraduate and graduate classes, it's also acceptable for self sufficient learn.
Built from lectures brought at NASA's Lewis study middle, this concise textual content introduces scientists and engineers with backgrounds in utilized arithmetic to the strategies of summary research. instead of getting ready readers for examine within the box, this quantity deals history valuable for examining the literature of natural arithmetic.
- Application of Integrable Systems to Phase Transitions
- Several Complex Variables and Complex Manifolds II: In Two Parts: Pt.2 (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series)
- Turnpike Properties in the Calculus of Variations and Optimal Control: 80 (Nonconvex Optimization and Its Applications (closed))
- Application of Wavelets in Speech Processing (SpringerBriefs in Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- Analysis IV: Integration and Spectral Theory, Harmonic Analysis, the Garden of Modular Delights: 4 (Universitext)
- PAUL HALMOS Celebrating 50 Years of Mathematics
Additional resources for Applications of Tensor Analysis (Dover Books on Mathematics)
Applications of Tensor Analysis (Dover Books on Mathematics) by A. J. McConnell
- Pavel Grinfeld's Introduction to Tensor Analysis and the Calculus of Moving PDF
- Read e-book online Plato's Problem: An Introduction to Mathematical Platonism PDF